KC and I had great plans for a big finale, but instead I'm showing a little end of challenge film with #1 Son. The challenge has been way awesome. There has been a drawback, however and it is this. When I make something, (glog, animasher, vuvox, voice thread, movie, podcast) I get obsessed with watching it a million times. I try to stop but I can't. I need to learn how to gain perspective on my amazing creativity.
But on the good side, we did meet the traits of the participatory culture, (Jenkins, 2006) I do believe. I will state them thusly:
- Relatively low barriers to artistic expression and civic engagement? I think anyone who has watched my Care Bear Car animation can agree that expressive barriers were quite low. Perhaps even nonexistent.
- Strong support for creating and sharing one's work with others? Though I rarely (never) felt that I created something extraordinary, I always felt supported and encouraged. Thanks, pallies!
- Informal mentorship? I learned from everyone and tried many new sites as a result of reading your new media entries. Yay.
- Members believe their contributions matter? I appreciated everyone's comments and I tried to comment on everyone else's entries. I liked that we made that part of the challenge.
- Members feel some degree of social connection? Obv. I think of the readers as members as well. It would be kind of neat if we all went out and got the same tattoo so we could always remember this literacy challenge.
I do like a bulleted list. At any rate, this was a great challenge and I'm going to try to keep challenging myself to be creative on the blog and other places in the coming year. Happy New Year, Dears!